It’s 2018, and the sky’s the limit to what God will do in you and through you this next year, as you allow Him to work, and as you partner with Him!
Many of you have been seeking your very personal WORD for the year, as well as taking some time to reflect back, in an effort to gain wisdom for moving forward with greater success. I, too, have been working through the questions the old school way: with pencil and paper and a big eraser!
For some of you, you may have looked back and been a little disappointed in where you missed it. Listen, the only reason we look back is to help us move forward so
CUT THE CORD OF REGRETS WITH GRACE, AND LET’S MOVE FORWARD WITH WHAT GOD HAS FOR US!!!!
So, if God has given you a WORD for the year, or a call to action for your year, what do you do with it?
5 Musts For Accomplishing Your Goals every single day:
1) FOCUS on your WORD: clarify and specify as much as you can. Make a poster, place it in various places in your home, car, office, Bible, nightstand, wherever the WORD can stay before you on a daily basis. Every day, you will be faced to choose to live by your circumstances or by your WORD. You want to choose your WORD every time.
2) ELIMINATE anything that restricts your WORD: look at anything physically, emotionally, relationally, and mentally that will hold you back or be in opposition to your WORD and eliminate it! When Dale and I began to put our family back together, we had to “keep the circle small” by only allowing people into our lives who were “for” us. We didn’t need any negativity that would set itself up against our success. You must do the same.
3) MAP the pathway to your WORD: you don’t eat an elephant in one bite, you nibble at its toes! Take your WORD and work backwards to how you will monthly, then daily accomplish your WORD. Ask Jesus to help you map it out. Check points, short term goals, and other mile markers will give you courage and motivation when you see tangible results, as you work your plan.
[as a side note, let me just say that being orderly is not to the exclusion of being open and flexible to the Spirit! God is a God of order and conducts Himself in an orderly fashion. I believe He wants to partner with us to help us plan and then work that plan as His Spirit leads.]
4) WORK your WORD: nothing comes without cost and good ole hard work! Do your work! Don’t compare yourself to others. You are on your own path! Work every day on moving closer to YOUR Word. And don’t let others determine your progress. Do not be dominated by outside factors or forces! Focus on working toward your WORD! When God spoke the WORD “Fear Not, I will be with you” to so many heroes of our faith, I can guarantee you they had to keep working that WORD!
5) INVEST your WORD in Others: evaluate how your WORD is going to effect others. You are a gift, and gifts are to be given. Use your WORD to add to other people’s lives on a daily basis. Set your mind early in your day to be intentional about adding positive value to those around you. Maybe the Lord would have you start or join a small group and you’ll have an instant place of community to offer your WORD to another! You’ll bless them, and will find yourself blessed as well.
Following these 5 Musts will set you up for success in growing in the WORD the Lord gave you in 2018. Guaranteed.
Here’s to our BEST YEAR EVER!
[If you missed the post about discovering your WORD for the year, click HERE! And if you want to know the value of looking back, in order to be ready for this next year, click HERE! And if you need a study to give you some structure in your time with the Lord, go to the store HERE!]
[AND if you live in the Birmingham area, join us at one of our three locations for The Deeper Gathering, a weekly gathering of women from all walks of life, as we GROW together so we can GO together and make impact in our city! To find out more, click HERE!!!]